|Rev Gilbert Haydock||Circa 1715|
|Rev John Kendall||1715 – 1727|
|Rev Henry Kendall||1727 – 1733?|
|Rev John Cowban||1733 – 1741|
|Rev John Harrison||1741 – 1745|
|No Priest||1745 – 1763|
|Rev Joseph Smith SJ||1763 – 1765|
|Rev John Lund||1769 – 1812|
|Rev Thomas Caton||1812 – 1826|
|Rev Thomas Berry||1826 – 1845|
|Rev John Dixon||1845 – 1852|
|Rev George Gradwell||1852 – 1853|
|Rev George Corless||1853 – 1865|
|Rev William A Johnson||1865|
|Rev Richard Holden||1866|
|Rev Roger Taylor||1866 – 1867|
|Rev Henry J Thrower||1867 – 1886|
|Rev Francis J Gillow||1886 – 1895|
|Rev Joseph A Barker||1895 – 1914|
|Rev Joseph Walmsley||1914 – 1921|
|Rev Henry Roberts||1921 – 1931|
|Rev Henry Tootell||1929 – 1932|
|Rev Henry Gillett||1932 – 1946|
|Rev Bernard McKenna||1946 – 1955|
|Rev Francis Worden||1955 – 1959|
|Rev James McGann||1959 – 1963|
|V Rev Thomas Mason||1963 – 1967|
|Rev Frederick T Hamer||1967 – 1971|
|V Rev Quirian A Klomp||1971 – 1982|
|Rev Edmund McCartan||1982 – 1987|
|Rev Francis Hodson||1987 – 1989|
|Rev Thomas Forster||1989 – 1990|
|Rev John Danson||1991 – 1996|
|Rev W Alfred Parker||1996 – 2000|
|Rev Peter Clarke||2000 – 2003|
|Canon Adrian J Towers||2003 – Present|
Father Francis John Gillow
Fr Gillow (Later Monsignor) was parish priest at Cottam between 1886 and 1895. In 1893 he raised £700 to restore the chapel which included erecting a marble altar in the sanctuary and building the Lady Altar. It is most likely that Fr Gillow also installed the choir section – complete with the three windows above the entrance porch which were not in in place in 1888.
Father Joseph Walmsley
Father Joseph Walmsley was parish priest at St Andrew’s from 1914 to 1921.
Father Henry Roberts
Father Henry Roberts was parish priest at St Andrew’s from 1921 to 1931
Father Henry Gillett
Father Henry Gillett was parish priest at St Andrew’s from 1932 to 1946. Father Gillett died in 1958.
Father Francis Worden
Father Francis Worden was parish priest at St Andrew’s from 1955 to 1959
Father James McGann
Father James McGann (later Canon) was parish priest at St Andrew’s from 1959 to 1963.
Canon Thomas Mason
Canon Thomas Mason was parish priest at St Andrew’s from 1963 to 1967
Father Frederick Hamer
Fr Hamer, who was born in Preston and attended Upholland seminary, was ordained in 1943. He was parish priest at St Andrew’s from 1967 to 1971.
Canon Quirian Klomp
Canon Klomp, although born in Holland, served in Preston since his ordination in 1933. He was parish priest at St Andrew’s from 1971 to 1982.
Father Edmund McCartan
Fr Edmund McCarten was parish priest at St Andrew’s from 1982 to 1987.
Father Francis Hodson
Fr Francis (Frank) Hodson was parish priest at St Andrew’s from 1987 to 1989. He is buried in St Andrew’s cemetery with his twin brother priest Ken.
Father Thomas Forster
Parish priest from 1989 to 1990, Fr Forster was born in Carlisle in 1929. He was educated at Ushaw College and ordained in July, 1957. Following his ordination he served at the Sacred Heart, Preston, and Our Lady Star of the Sea in St Annes
Father John Danson
Father John Danson – pictured here in 1993 presenting Bene Merenti medals to parishioners John Cookson, Joe Miller and Sally Dutton – was born in Wesham. He was educated at Preston Catholic College, Ushaw College and Cambridge University.
Following his ordination in 1962, Fr John’s first posting was to the Cathedral parish in Lancaster and then – after attending Cambridge University between 1963 and 1967 – he subsequently held appointments at Underley Hall and Upholland College.
In 1985 he became parish priest at Our Lady, Star of the Sea in St Annes-on-Sea and in 1991 he moved to St Andrew’s in Cottam where he remained until he became the Administrator for the Diocesan Vocations Service for the Bishops’ Conference in 1996. Fr John retired in 2002.